Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Computer Science Advices

Read on first, it's kinda long but you can first read around the few paragraphs of each of his points to get started (I haven't read everything as well).

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/CollegeAdvice.html

Don't think of reading it in a one sided way. I almost did. I almost said that I don't need to write and stuff like that while I was reading it. But all of what he said has a point.

Heck. His first point is about "writing"! Writing!? I write yes. Not to brag but I can say I write proper English (not talk though), but I can't convey the things I need to. I can say I was really hit by this one single point, I am having a hard time conveying SureScene's point. Struggling because I can't write wittily to event organizers, or even friends. This I have to improve.

But the rest, I would have to say I really agree with him. And as for giving advices, I would have to say I too have a hard time there. But he has given it a bit of thinking, and with good writing skill (I'm still practicing that).

Though the document is a bit old, advices never do. So I think it's a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment